2015 has seen AGV coming up with new addition of K series which is this K-5. Before this we can see the popular K-3 in Malaysia worn by many riders who prefer the fitting of the AGV. Then, AGV upgrade the K-3 lineup by introducing the K-3 SV which refers to the K-3 with Sun Visor for comfortable riding at day or even at night.
The main difference that we can see from K-3 and K-5 is the K-5 shell is made from fibreglass and also carbon fibre to ensure toughness and lightness. It is made according to the AGV Extreme Standards technology.
The price is not known yet at the time of writing but I estimate it at RM2k. Not yet available in Malaysia. 4 more pictures after the break:
Official words from AGV:
AGV continues renewing its range with innovative products designed using AGV Extreme Standards technology. This time it’s the K-5, the new AGV point of reference for sports use but now with much more comfort. The shell is made of fibreglass and carbon fibre and guarantees resistance and lightness while the lines are aerodynamic and streamlined in true AGV style. A perfect fit and easily operated inner visor ensure complete rider comfort. Size is minimised thanks to design studies carried out on racing helmets and the integrated rear spoiler provides excellent stability even at high speed.
The K-5 is now the new point of reference in the SPORT-TOURING sector.
– Outer shell: fiber composite materials (glass-carbon)
– N° of shells: 2 shell sizes in fibre
– N° of eps: inner shell in 4 different EPS densities, 4 sizes
– Homologation: ECE, ECE/DOT, NBR, AS-NZS, JIS, ECE-ASIA
– EPS and shell dimensions optimised using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system.
– Ventilation system: IVS consisting of one chin guard vent, 2 front air vent and an air extractor with ON/OFF system developed in the wind tunnel for optimum ventilation
– Central front air vent built into the shell profile with direct channel with high air flow
– Rear spoiler integrated into the shell profile
– SHARE SYSTEM ready
– Fabric: 3 d in sanitised Dri-lex®
– Liners: completely removable
– Removable breath deflector
– Removable throat windscreen protection
– Visor mechanism: New visor mechanism XQRS GT-2 (extra quick release system) for a quick removal of the visor -PATENTED
– Visor micro-opening system
– Scratch-resistant polycarbonate Visor GT2 (ML-L-XL-XXL sizes) and GT2-1 (XS-S-MS sizes) with 100% protection from UV rays
– Integrated Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch resistant visor and tool-free replacement system
– Retention system: Double D
– Asia FIT option
– Sizes: XS, S, MS, ML, L, XL, XXL
– Weight (E2205): 1,390 g (+/- 50g) in size MS