AGV has updated their K-3 base model to this 2014 model, the K-3 SV. SV stands for Sun Visor (thanks user rihuhs for telling me this) and as you can see there is the sun visor inside the helmet. Before this, the popular helmet from AGV that have sun visor is the AGV Stealth SV, but that one is not easy to find in Malaysia.
Having the sun visor is a good thing in Malaysia since it can prevent the scorching hot sun blinding you from the road. Based on the JPJ regulation, it is illegal to use a dark or reflective tint visor, so, you can avoid it by using the clear visor on the outside and the darker sun visor on the inside.
I think this K-3 SV is still not available in Malaysia as I checked in mudah. Maybe it will come in few more months and the price of RM1,000 is just the estimation on the current AGV K-3 without the SV is at RM750.
Also check out the official info from AGV after the jump:
The K-3 SV was developed from the experience AGV gained during the design process of the Pista GP and Corsa helmets. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. This helmet has a wide appeal and is suitable for young riders with a passion for racing as well as for more mature riders looking for comfort and high performance characteristics.
Thanks to CFD Analysis (Computational fluid dynamics), the special ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head through two front and side vents, one central vent and two extractors at the back of the helmet.
The sanitized Dry-Comfort internal components can be removed for washing. The mechanism for opening and closing the visor has three customisable settings according to helmet use (Touring, Race and City) and features the XQRS system for quick removal.
The K-3 SV has been designed to accept the new integrated communication platform SHARE.
– 2 sizes of HIR-TH shell (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin)
– Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes; shell and EPS dimensions optimised using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system
– Homologation: ECE 2205, DOT, JIS, NBR, AS/NZS
– Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
– XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) visor mechanism for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
– Visor mechanism with PVS system (Perimetrical Visor Seal) for improved seal and protection against draughts and noise thanks to the seat for the visor edge
– GT 2 scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays
– Integrated removable Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant visor with tool-free replacement system
– Removable breath deflector
– Removable windproof chin strap protection
– Fully removable and washable 3D inner liners
– Sanitised Dry-Comfort fabrics
– Micrometrically adjustable strap retention system
– Anti-theft ring on strap
– Sizes XS- S- MS- ML – L- XL – XXL