Kuala Lumpur, 7 February 2013 – Ducati Malaysia (Next Bike Sdn Bhd), a company under the national conglomerate NAZA Group of Companies is making good on their promise to bring yet another exciting year to Ducati enthusiasts throughout Malaysia with the launch of Ducati’s latest Monster motorcycle; the Ducati Monster 795 ABS, in conjunction with the MotoGP Winter Test in Sepang, Malaysia. As the nation welcomes the Chinese New Year, Ducati Malaysia also offers locals another reason to embrace the colour red with an incredible festive promotion that will surely garner the attention of Ducati lovers!
“2013 has arrived – bringing with it more excitement for Ducati; from new models and the establishment of new networks that enable us to better reach out to our customers, to more enhanced lifestyle programs, both international and local, that ensure ownership has its unique privileges. This year we anticipate that Ducati will further increase its sales volume and maintain it’s market share as a popular premium motorcycle brand. Ducati Malaysia is certainly all set and raring to go with much in store for Malaysian Ducatisti in 2013. With our recent win for ‘Best Showroom Opening 2012 and now the launch of the Monster 795 ABS, we are off to a great start!” said Datuk Wira SM Faisal Tan Sri SM Nasimuddin, Joint Group Executive Chairman of NAZA Group of Companies.
Present at the launch were Datuk Wira SM Faisal Tan Sri SM Nasimuddin, Joint Group Executive Chairman of NAZA Group of Companies; EN Nik Danial Nik Mahmood, Vice President of NAZA Two Wheel Division; Mr. Juan Chow Wee, General Manager of Next Bike Sdn Bhd; Mr Paolo Ciabatti, Ducati MotoGP Project Director; Mr. Vitioriano Guareschi, Ducati MotoGP Team Manager as well as Ducati MotoGP riders – Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso.
The net selling price of the new Ducati Monster 795 ABS is RM 66,888.00.
Globally Monster is the highest selling Ducati motorcycle. It is an icon and represents an important part of Ducati’s history, with over 250.000 Monsters around the world.
The new Monster 795 ABS is an exciting addition to the Monster line-up.
Monster 795 ABS is an iconic motorcycle which offers user-friendliness and great control, increasing the riding pleasure and raising safety standards even further.
Ducati Monster 795 ABS (anti-lock braking system) provides a confidence-inspiring feel for the rider. Style, performance and safety come together in the Monster 795 ABS.
- The riding position of the Monster 795 ABS has been specifically designed to put you firmly in control. The seat height is only 770mm (30.3in), making it easier for get both feet firmly planted on the ground, to enable the rider a steady position, footed and confident.
- Dressed in Ducati red, with a bright red Trellis frame, the Monster 795 ABS can be further personalized with the Monster Art program and Logomania.
The engine of the Monster 795 ABS is the legendary Desmodue, air cooled, L-Twin engine whose 87 hp gives it that unmistakable Ducati sound. Developed for an incredibly flexible power delivery, the 795 Desmodromic engine provides enough torque to exit the most challenging of corners. The impressive torque, typical of the Ducati L-Twin engines, will excite with every twist of the throttle. The Monster 795 produces 87hp (64kW) @ 8250rpm and 57,9 lb-ft (8,0kgm) of torque @ 6250rpm
The latest in Brembo braking hardware delivers exceptional braking power front and rear to improve rider safety. At the front, 320mm floating discs are gripped by four-piston, radially mounted calipers, while a 245mm floating rear disc works in combination with a twin-piston caliper.
Sachs rear suspension
At the rear, a Sachs monoshock unit with progressive linkage provide a wide spectrum of both spring and damping settings.
Lightweight 3-spoke wheels
Lightweight 3-spoke aluminum alloy wheels increase agility and reduce rider effort. The 3.50×17 front wheel wears a 120/60ZR tyre while the 4.50×17 rear wheel runs 160/60ZR rubber. By resisting the temptation to over-tyre the795 for styling’s sake, the end result is light, predictable and confidence inspiring steering qualities at a wide range of speeds with truly outstanding stability
The GP-style swingarm is chill-cast using aluminum in its most noble form. Gravity cast and heat treated, the component achieves the best mechanical characteristics as well as reduced final weight for improved handling.
- The dry weight of 169kgs (373lb) has dramatic effects not only on maneuverability and ease of use, but also by contributing directly to increased performance, braking and acceleration, making life simpler in the crowded cities all over Asia.
- An immensely strong but light tubular steel Trellis frame with aluminum rear sub-frame is the visual and structural backbone of the Monster. Delivering unparalleled rigidity with minimal mass, the chassis design is pure Ducati in its ingenuity and simplicity. A separate, all aluminum sub-frame saves weight and adds a pleasing continuity with the aluminum footrest hangers and matte finished swingarm.
- The 17” wheels are in the 3 spoke style and produced in lightweight aluminum to keep the unsprung weight low and handling, braking and acceleration performances high. They roll on the 120/60 and 160/60 Pirelli Angel ST tyres.
- 2 x 320mm discs, 4-piston radial caliper ABS as standard equipment;
- 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper ABS as standard equipment
- Digital unit displaying: speedometer, rev counter, time, scheduled maintenance warning, oil temperature, trip fuel, lap time, warning light for low oil pressure, fuel level, fuel reserve, neutral, turn signals, overrev, immobilizer. Ready for DDA system.
Editor’s note: The Ducati Monster 795 Non ABS is priced at RM59,999 at time of launch, so, this bike is about RM7k more premium than the previous version.