MASAAM (Motorcycle & Scooter Assemblers And Distributors Association of Malaysia) in conjunction with MotoXpo KL has launched a photo contest for all Malaysian bikers with great prizes to be won. The main theme for the contest is about riding safely, enjoy life and be friendly to our environment.
The prizes offered is RM3500 – First Prize, RM2500 – Second Prize, RM1500 – Third Prize with 10 consolation prize at RM250. All prizes are in cash. In my humble opinion, that is a great prize to be chased considering you only need to snap a picture of your bike, follow the theme stated and submit it to MotoXpo. The due date for the entry is on 15th February 2012. So, you all got a lot time to think of the photos.
MotoMalaya.net is one the most advance motorcycle blog in Malaysia* and here, MotoXpo like to have more exposure to bikers like you whether you ride kapcai or superbike. This is your opportunity readers. Grab it!
Read the full rules & regulation after the jump
The Motorcycle & Scooter Assemblers And Distributors Association of Malaysia (MASAAM) presents:
MASAAM 2011/12 Photo Contest – In conjunction with MotoXpo KL 2012
Main Theme: Ride safely, enjoy life & be friendly to our environment
Slogan: “My Motorcycle, My Family”
This Photo Contest must be related to motorcycles garnering the subject on “Fun to drive”, “Importance of Road safety” ,”Utilities in daily life usage” and “Environmental friendliness”.
All entries MUST follow the following guidelines, if not the entry will be disqualified without notification.
1. Image Size: 500-1000 pixels on the maximum side. No restriction on minimum side. (eg. 1000×400 or 200×1000 pixels)
2. File Size & Type Requirement: 1MB maximum; JPEG with EXIF intact.
3. Submit by emailing official email address: [email protected] Include all required personal details as stated in the Terms and Conditions. 4. One photo per person. You are not allowed to change your entries once submitted.
5. Do not include a watermark in your image.
6. No borders/frames are allowed.
7. All photos must be submitted with CAPTION describing the photo.
8. Entrants MUST type “Agree to MASAAM Photo Contest Terms and Conditions” in the email when submitting images to the contest. Without the above phrase, entries will be disqualified. Please read and understand the T&C in the post below.
Prizes (Sponsored by MASAAM)
• 1st Prize: RM 3500 cash• 2nd Prize: RM 2500 cash • 3rd Prize: RM 1500 cash • 10 Consolation Prizes: Each winner will receive RM 250 Cash
• The Organizers – MASAAM, reserve the right to substitute the prizes (with items of equivalent value) in the event of unavailability of stock.
• The 1st Prize winner will have his/her photo entered in Federation of ASEAN Motorcycle Industries (FAMI) photo contest representing Malaysia.
MASAAM 2011/12 Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
• The contest is open to all Malaysian citizens age 16 and above. • Members of the Main Organizing Committee of this contest are not allowed to participate.
• Entrant must possess all necessary rights of the submitted photographs for the competitions.
• Submitted photographs must not have won any previous competitions, and must not have been previously published either in any print or online media.
• The organizer reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet with these criteria, and their decision will be final and non negotiable.
How to Enter
• MASAAM will publish a contest announcement via press advertising, official website and official social networking channels. •Submissions will be accepted the moment the announcements comes out in public, beginning 1st December 2011. The submission period will be closed at 9 pm or thereabouts on 15 February 2011, and no entries will be entertained once the date is passed. If you wish to participate, please ensure that you submit your entries well before the closing date.
• Entrants must submit their entries via email to [email protected]
Each photographer is allowed only one entry.
• Entrants must type “Agree to MASAAM Photo Contest Terms and Conditions” in the email when submitting images to the contest. Without the above phrase, entries will be disqualified.
• Personal information required of all entrants are:
i. Full name as in IC ii. IC number iii. Mailing Address iv. Occupation iv. Office phone or mobile phone number
• Maximum size per JPEG image uploading to the competition page: 1 MegaBytes (max: 1000 x 1000 pixels).
• All images submitted must have all EXIF info intact which must at least include camera used, aperture used, shutter speed, ISO and date taken.
• Original image must be at least from a 4 MegaPixels digital camera. Winners must later submit original image to MASAAM before prize to be given out. Photographers that failed to submit original images with the above requirements (original unedited image, 4MP, high quality with EXIF intact) will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited.
• For film users, winners must scan the film with a high resolution scanner (at least 1200 x 1800 dpi) and submit to MASAAM before prize to be given out. Photographers that failed to submit the high resolution scan images will be disqualified and winning status will be revoked.
• A Panel of Jurors will select 20 photos from the entries. The decision of the Panel of Jurors shall be final and non negotiable. By submitting an entry in the competition you signify your acceptance of all the rules of this competition.
• MASAAM reserves the right to overrule voting results and to disqualify or appoint new winner at any time.
• MASAAM will not discuss or respond to any inquiries or comments regarding the contest results.
Notification to Winners
• 20 shortlisted winners will be notified via email or phone by MASAAM by 15 January 2012 after the Panel of Jurors has made the decision.
• Should there be no response from the winners by the requested date, winning status may be revoked.
• Winners must submit high resolution JPEG or RAW images (see File Format for minimum requirements) to the organizer for such purposes as the production of publications, exhibitions, etc. Failure to do so will revoke the winning status. Submitted work and storage media will not be returned. • 20 shortlisted winners will be invited to bring 1 friend to the MotoXpo KL Show& Conference 2012 on the 26th February 2012. • The final winners will be announced at a prize giving ceremony within the MotoXpo KL 2012 on 26th February at the MotoXpo KL Show & Conference 2012.
Rights of Entrant
• Entrants retain all copyrights and other equivalent rights to the entered photographs; the organizer will possess rights as stated below in “Rights of the Organizer.”
Rights of the Organizer (Masaam)
• MASAAM as the organizer reserves the permanent non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen any winning photograph on web sites, photo exhibitions, tradeshows, prints, or any other media which is under the management of the organizer. In all cases where such photographs are used, the organizer reserves the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner and without offering any further compensation in any form.
• MASAAM reserves the permanent non-exclusive right to give permission to its subsidiaries and affiliates to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen any winning photograph on web sites, photo exhibitions, tradeshows, prints, or any other media which is under the management of the subsidiaries and affiliates of the organizer. In all cases where such photographs are used, the organizer reserves the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner and without offering any further compensation in any form.
• In the event that an entry is found to contravene the entry requirements stated by the organizer, that entry would be disqualified. Entrants will, however, not be notified of such a judgment. MASAAM reserves the right to revoke winner status and revoke any awarded prize in the event that an entrant is found to be unsuitable after the prize is awarded.
*based on my observation only
For more info: MotoXpo