Y 125ZR GP Edition is the official name for this bike by HLYM. I thinking that this name refers to a limited edition. The other 125ZR which is in the red and black are named officially Y 125ZR Black and Y 125ZR Red. If this is the limited edition, we might only see it for just few more month before it disappears from the shop. So, if you are thinking to get it, just go and get now!
For now this forged wheel is only available for Yamaha Y125Z. Forged wheel are better than cast wheel in many aspects. The most important aspect is in its lightness and strength. Usually forged wheel are only available for superbike, but now Racing Boy has make the important step to made this available to underbone riders.
The price for this forged wheel are absolutely more expensive than the cast alloy wheel that Racing Boy already offer in its wheel lineup.
Have you ever wonder about this? Why is it the marvelous and lovable Yamaha LC135 only have 4-speed gear and Yamaha 125Z having additional 2 speed gear? Is Yamaha neglected the important aspect of speeds and thrills? Well, I have been thinking about this for a while and tried to find out why. Here is what I’ve found out… Continue reading “Why LC135 have only 4-speed gear and 125Z have 6-speed gear?”
This article is taken without permission from http://www.mysportbikers.com/portal/index.php?
Hope they will forgive me!
Please go here for the original content of the page.
What was modded on that bike…? block and piston
– Original Yamaha 125zR block.
– Bored tu 57mm using DT125(enduro) RK brand piston.
– Ported and polish the block.
– OEM header.
– Skimmed the header and polished it.
– Standard Y125z manual clutch system.
– Original Yamaha friction plate.
– GT Racing clutch springs.
Actually that bike got 2 carburetor unit.
– Carb Mikuni for Suzuki Panther 150. [Main jet 300, pilot 28.5]
– Keihin PWK 28mm. Ported to 30mm. [unknown]
– paired with FCCi Racing reed valve.
– Fully Standard. Even the CDi is standard.
– BM Power + YY Pang exhaust manifold + custom made end can silencer.
– Standard OEM front and rear suspension system.
– Using 15/34 MCS sprocket setup with TP Racing 415 chain.
– COM* 17×1.4 alloy rims with hi-polish 125z hubs.
– Camel 50/90 tyre. very2 kecik punya tayar.
– Standard front disc brake system.
– Rear disc brake system was removed due to no use of using it.
– None. This bike was staying in the house all the time except when it was needed on the road.
Which shop do all this ?
– my friend’s house. Of coz la this is his bike.
How fast can it go ?
– 180km/h on 4th gear. after that cant calculate due to meter limit is only at 180km/h.
– 16sec for a kilometer.
Please remember: RACE ON TRACK ONLY! DRIVE SAFELY!
The current design of Yamaha 125ZR since 2007. The design of the bike is nice, simple and macho enough. It was debut in 1999 with the first generation of 125Z and later followed up with 125ZR, which better and meaner.
Overall length x width x height
1,900 x 675 x 1,035 mm Total Displacement 124.3cc
Seat Height 752 mm
Minimum Ground Clearance
Dry weight/ Curb weight
Engine oil capacity
Digital-advanced magneto type CDI
Constant mesh 6-speed
Brake front / rear
Single disc brake
At that time, there is no bike in the category that can compete with the bike. It was the era of Suzuki Best, Suzuki RG Sports, Yamaha SS, SS Two and Kawasaki K1, but none of the bike make a very deep impact like 125Z does. 125Z makes every other bike in the category seems like child plays. The technology offered by 125Z is far superior than what the people were thinking at that time and Yamaha was ahead in others in thinking of future of underbone bike.
I like this bike not because I want to rem pit, but I like what this bike has to offer.
You see, this is the only bike in the category that have monoshock suspension, front and rear disc brake, 6-speed gear, futuristic design and affordable!
Also, this bike is really fast. In standard condition, it can go up to 160km/h, tune the exhaust a bit, it’ll go up to 180km/h, tune it a little bit more, then you can’t measure the speed anymore since the meter is maxed at 180km/h!
I have heard that this bike can be tune to get 180 km/h just in the fourth gear.
Safety will become a thing to think here. Enjoy the speed only in the track. Not in public highway. Drive safely and be smart!